My girls are always creating something... with paper, fabric, cardboard, paint, food, yarn, beads, etc.
I love to create too. They come by it honestly. I love what they can create! I'm always amazed at their designs and ideas. I am good at copying someone else's idea, but rarely do I come up with my own original creation, but it seems to flow out of these girls constantly. They have taken over my glue gun, fabric, scrap booking paper, ribbon, etc. Some times it hard to have the almost constant mess. Sometimes, like 3 times a day I need to use the dining room table for its intended purpose. Sometimes, I'd like to be able to use the school table instead of the couch for writing & math. Sometimes, the creating mess does get overwhelming. This is not just flat pieces of paper were talking about. It's big 3D creations. There is the mess that creating stuff creates and then there is the matter of the things they have created. There is a line up of card board houses they have created in boxes in my garage, they put creations in the window sills, their bedrooms have ample amount of creations, etc. We can't keep it all, and they understand that. I try to take pictures of it and then we get rid of it after awhile. That can be hard to do for all of us.
On the other hand, I think these girls are creative geniuses! I know they will do amazing things in their lives!
I love how they like to keep their fingers busy. When I read to them, they are stitching, cross stitching, coloring, designing, crocheting, etc and often times when they watch a movie, they are stitching, cross stitching, or crocheting.
Kitchen Creations
by Alyse and Lexi
Colored chocolate cups filled with raspberry whipped cream topped with strawberries, bananas, and garnished with rainbow chocolate flakes. And, chocolate flower suckers. Totally their own creations, I was only involved with making the whipped cream- and I don't know why, because they could have done that too.
The girls tried some recipes from out of The Friend Magazine for cheese quiches and pretzels. They both turned out great!
Paper amusement parks
This one pictured happens to be an amusement park through the digestive system. Enter through the chomping teeth, down the esophagus shoot, roller coaster intestines, etc. Funny!
Sewing Creations
They all love hand stitching and sewing on the sewing machine. Grammy gave the girls a pattern book for these mice people. Lexi created hers completely by herself. Alaina and Lexi created the pink mouse and bag and Alyse the white and yellow drawstring bag.
I love their creative and talented minds and hands!




No comments:
Post a Comment