We BBQ'd again at home for dinner and then walked to the fireworks at the golf course just down our street. My mom joined us in time for the fireworks. It was a great show. We are grateful for the wonderful freedoms we enjoy in this country. We were also grateful to be together as a family since it the last 2 years either Scott or I was working.
The next morning, Scott and I were off to Pocatello to house hunt while my mom stayed with the kids. It was a great day together, but after 11 house tours, we found nothing we wanted but figured out a new game plan on the way home and the next weekend we were back for 11 more house tours. This time, it was a really tough choice since we had multiple ones we wanted. Too bad, you can't just take all the best parts about them all and put it together in one home! We left with an offer in on one that was accepted and everything has gone smooth since. I'm heartbroken to leave Weiser and amazing friends, we thought we would be here forever. I'm also excited for our new house and for exploring a new area. The house is much newer, bigger, and nicer... yet needs some flair and upgrading which we enjoy doing together... perfect! Our first project will be to finish the other half of the basement. It has two rooms framed in and half insulated, so that will make it 6 bed rooms when done- a sewing room and a toy room! But before we can get to that point... we have a lot left to do on this house before we move! Scott and I scrapped the pop corn ceiling in the downstairs in June and its waiting till Aug before we can fix the taping, mud, and texture it. uckiest project ever- not the project we enjoy! However, painting the living room was fun and makes all the difference. I will have lots of before and after pictures of this house to post some day!





No comments:
Post a Comment