Now, don't get me completely wrong when I say it was the worst project ever... it was the hardest and messiest, but it had awesome results! For the 3 years that we lived in that house, I despised and hated the basement ceiling and the paint color throughout the house. The basement ceiling was popcorn texturing with two bad patch jobs and the color of paint throughout the house! I couldn't repaint the basement, because the horrid color on the walls was on the popcorn ceiling and knowing to paint the popcorn ceiling white would make it all the harder to scrape off eventually. I couldn't repaint the kitchen, dining, and upper and lower halls because they all let into one another! I had scrapped the bathroom and the bedroom by myself, but I was not taking on the huge ceiling alone! Finally, we got it done, and I got to sit and stare at it for about 5 minutes before we moved (if that)!! Yeah, that was the sad part. But schedules, pregnancies, and babies didn't allow us to get it done any sooner. I just hope it adds to the resell value so we get something out of our major hard work!! We scrapped it off in July. The compound they had used was not conducive to scrapping I tell ya! It was the single hardest day of work ever. Scott and I worked till 1:30 a.m., cleaned up our mess, and then it sat bare until we recovered and we figured out what to do next. We actually got a bid to have it professionally done from there, but at $1100 we decided to bravelyen though we had no idea what we were doing! My bother Mike spent a day off working on continue on ev it and teaching us how to re-patch their really bad patch job and how to tape and mud- Thank you Mike! Pretty much the whole ceiling got mudded and sanded and mudded and sanded at least twice.
The top two pictures show it after we scrapped the popcorn and how it sat for a month. Yes, ugly- but still better than popcorn! The bottom, it's back in construction zone for the rest of it... Scott is texturing.
At least we spent a lot of time together!
Scott's nice mud treatment on his feet and my new summer manicure!
I painted the ceiling, took down the draping, and vacuumed, vacuumed, and vacuumed! And without further ado, see my beautifully textured white ceiling and gray walls! (no sign of either patch I might add!)
I have to also mention that Scott was in a seriously intense chemistry at BSU during this time. He had mass amounts of homework and we somehow finished not only this but all the other jobs that needed done before we moved out! Sleep is what neither one of us got much of! I may have heard more than once, questioning on why I had to scrape that pop corn ceiling and get us into this! I also heard that he loved my ambition to do projects and to actually DO them along side, though tough mans work!



No comments:
Post a Comment