Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Home sick

Why, after one year here, does South Dakota still feel more like home than Colorado Springs?  I know most the people in our South Dakota ward have moved away too and it wouldn't be the same there.  But all the same, I still miss it-we loved it there!  I just can't find my niche here!   For some reason CO was right, but why, oh why?  I'm still trying to figure that out!   We have figured out (other than the minor details) what we want to be when we grow up and where we want to live, but it's not here, which brings me back to "why are we here?" again!  The only problem is we still have a move (or two!) ahead until we can plant roots and I already have a disattachment issue.  Through all our "stops along the path," I've tried to keep Elder Uchdorf's "Lift where you stand" quote in mind.    But right now, I'd just rather be back here for the 4th!

4 comments:

The Despain Gang said...

awww sorry you're missing "home" It's hard in a new place. It's hard to make new friends and dig in. I hope you find your "groupies" soon! I just made a few new friends at book club last night. It was so much fun (took me three months to really open up to them)...

The Despain Gang said...

It's been too long since I checked out your blog. So fun!

Awesome makeover on the highchair. Yay! It sounds like you made an awesome Father's Day for your hubby and the girls are amazing at pitching in and being sweet little dancers. I can't wait to put Ashlynne into all the girlie stuff like that... So fun to catch up. I'm also so excited to have Lindsey on FB. It's fun to catch up with her recently too.

Kristin said...

Hang in there! At least you know that someday, somehow it will all make sense why you had to be in Colorado. I for one, will be thrilled when one of your pit stops is Utah! Haha! How far is CO from UT anyway? I should take a road trip! Haha! I feel homesick sometimes for the good ole days in our Rexburg apartments. Wow - that was a decade ago!

trish said...

I know what your sayin. My kids still call SD home. There was just something about it. About the people, about the place...