Sunday, June 20, 2010

My baby is queen of the potty!

Layla is officially potty trained! 
I still put her in diapers when we leave the house, but for the last 3 days, they have stayed dry, even all though church today!
Now I need to wean her off the candy she gets after she goes potty.... my other kids eventually forgot about it.  But not Layla! 
She never once pooped in her panties (knock-on-wood!), but once she made it outside without panties on (she was wearing a dress so this fact wasn't obvious) and she pooped on the flagstone pathway rocks and to make it worse- Alyse stepped in it and tracked it to 5 more rocks.  Shewing away the flies and scrubbing rocks with clorox while the HOT sun was baking it on made up for not ever having to clean it out of panties!  I told Scott that was the worst motherly job I had EVER done!
She only had a few "leaks"- mainly outside becuase it's so hard to go inside to go, but atleast I didn't have to clean those up!  The only other complaint..
but other than that- she was very easy to potty train!

A story of my sneeky little girl...

I had Alyse, Lexi, and Alaina at ballet and Scott was home with Layla.  She had been carring around her water bottle for a while, then she comes out of the bathroom saying "potty, potty, I want candy."  Scott went in and looked- the bucket was 3/4 full of clear fluid and her water bottle was empty! 
Smart girl- and no she didn't get her candy!  

No comments: