Ok, so after finishing up all those projects, then what.... well we cleaned the house perfectly, rested for an hour and then left to pick up Noni (Scott's mom) at the airtport on the 28th. It was a wonderful week and we played hard and went, went, did, did, did, oh, and celebrated, celebrated, and celebrated. It was birthday week after all!
Layla's birthday was on the 26th, but other than the cake, we celebrated on the evening of the 28th so Noni could be here. Layla was loving the word "birthday"! Instead of making another cake though, I decided to do icecream and all the toppings for sundaes- we still stuck candles in it and sang Happy Birthday again. She was loven' it!
the girls with their Noni
Scott was trying to get Layla to smile or even look at me with the camera by pretending to put spray whip cream on my head, by the look of Alyse, this one must have been the one I took when he really did!
Layla opening presents
yes, that would be Noni spoiling the girls :)
definatley the works of Daddy!
Oh how I love this little 2-year-old! I love how she calls her blankie, "Lolly." I'm not sure why, but she always has. And when she goes to sleep she puts a finger or two in her mouth with one hand and the other one she uses to put the yarn ties from her "Lolly" into her nose! I don't know why, but she does it everytime she goes to sleep or when ever she gives "Lolly" a love. I love how she loves to be heard, not because we always need that amount of noise, but because it's so her. I love that her first sentence was "I want candy!" that's my girl! I love how everytime I say the word "sunshine," she says "song," because she wants me to sing "You Are My Sunshine." I love how she says the word "booger," because she has the cutest voice ever. I love how she watches me fold the laundry and can tell me the name of whom each piece belongs too (Daddy certainly can't do that!) I love everybit of this little sunshine, wild girl!
No comments:
Post a Comment