Scott talked the lt. replacing him Christmas morning to come in early (he was a single guy and Scott had 4 kids to get home to). So Scott got home at 6:40 a.m. and since the kids were still asleep, he crawled into bed. (at this point he had had 4 hours of sleep in the last 48 hours). I don't know how long it took him to go to sleep, but at 7:08 the girls were in jumping on us saying Santa had came! The girls and I looked and looked and I made them eat some breakfast and then Scott some how managed to get out of bed and it was into Christmas morning.
Stockings
The girls waiting paitently while I open the first present and use it (it was a new camera)
and tada, here's the big project Scott and I have been slaving on since Nov. out in the freezing garage! We are ameture carpenters and took on an advanced project, but some how we pulled it off! (it's in the unfinished basement, so ignore the background) (and we have a little more to do like microwave buttons, fix a knob on the stove, an oven rack and one more fridge rack...)
and the kitchen island (but we cheated a little on this one, I found it at Lowe's clearanced from $198 to $30, we just had to put on a back and top and put in a shelf)
and then Layla helps her do up the dishes
3 comments:
Oh Ruby! You do such a fabolus job with your family. I'm so impressed with all you get done and the aprons and kitchen are just darling! You even bake and cook with your kids! I can feel the spirit your teaching your girls to have right through the computer and I love to read your blog because you set such a wonderful example and have such great ideas! Merry Christmas! And I feel for Scott too - I've seen that happen too many times. These poor men are exhausted trying to keep up with it all!
The kitchen set looks great! I am amazed at all the projects you get done!
Love the kitchen! Ive been wanting to do something like that for awhile. Im hoping to get one made by next christmas. I may have questions for you! :)
Post a Comment