Someday, when my kids are looking through the family Christmas letter book, they'll ask what happened to the 2009 letter.
There will be a gap, an ugly blank page, a year that we will wonder what happened.
I have no great excuse, Scott isn't deployed, nor have I just had a baby, and I'm not even pregant (1st year ever to not be able to say one of those)! I'm not even moving, about to move, or just moved (miraculous)!
Of course, if I were to write one, it would include some highlights of our year like becoming an expert in getting beans, oatmeal, rice, yarn, granola, strings, and misclanious small items out of Layla's nostrils or about our move (the one from Idaho to South Dakota, or South Dakota to California, OR California to Colorado).
I googled "Creative Christmas Letters" trying to get my letter flowing, but couldn't get passed one paragraph. My attempts went something like this....
Top 10 Format
Top 10 Reasons Scott wants to retire from the Air Force.
10. He loves being recalled in to work so the commander can find out if he has a coat.
9. He loves working 9 day stretches, rotating schedules, and rotating shifts.
8. He loves babysitting 18 year old airmen with bad attitudes and no work ethics.
7. He loves.....
Quiz Format
Q: The girls participated in ________ this year.
a. ballet
b. soccer
c. swim lessons
d. none of the above
A: d. none of the above. I still have nightmares about about last year's schedule and haven't been able to bring myself within a mile of committing to extracurruicular activity as of yet. (It may take some intense therapy to over come this fear.)
Poem
Twas the night before Christmas and all through the skies
a whole lot of defense sattelites that Scott really flies
(I'd so have to plagerize to pull this off)
View from the new house
Dear Family and Friends,
I haven't met but hardly any of you because you all live way too far away, but I wanted to tell you about this new family that moved in. I now contain oodles of pink, have been scribbled upon, and my dining room floor gets way too many crumbs with kids eating breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snack, and snack, and snack, and snack upon me. I have heard songs about popcorn on trees and babling streams and I've heard my share of crying too (even at night).
So that is why there will be no Weideman 2009 Christmas Letter. But we still send our love and wish you a very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!
No comments:
Post a Comment