We usually put the tree up the day after Thanksgiving (or Thanksgiving Day sometimes, shh...) but since we were in Idaho, it didn't get up until Nov. 30th, absurd!
We also (for the first year) put 3' trees in the girls rooms. They love going to sleep looking at their tree!
We tried putting presents under the tree, but Layla loved standing on them (she's gotta be part mountain goat) and the girls became obsessed with the presents (the girls spent more time looking, shaking, organizing, reorganizing, etc. than even noticing the tree and Scott and I didn't like it so much. So the presents are all ontop of the Kitchen cupboards (I had no other place for them to be up and out of the way). So much for pretty poinsettas and lights up there, but atleast the presents are no longer the focus!
And... I spent so much time making this tree skirt- I wanted it to show!!! I made stockings last year and used the sraps to make the skirt this year. I started it the beginning of November and finished the top, but I have batting and a back to go on it but never got it finished. Now I decided, no one will never know if it doesn't have batting and a back (shh.... don't tell)
No comments:
Post a Comment