I documented a few of our family Christmas tradions this year and thought I would add them to my journal, I mean blog.
CANDY COUNTDOWNS
1. Cut cute Christamsy cellaphane paper in about 6" strips
2. Lay out candies
3. Tie ribbons in between each candy
4. Cut one off everyday till Christmas!
SECRET SERVICE
We have tried different ways to do gifts between the girls (1. we pay, they pick out a present for each other 2. they earn money in ways we provide and they pick out $ store gifts for each other) This year, we tried something new, and it's been so precious, we'll do it every year like this. We drew names (how original!), but with a twist. We drew the names during our first family home evening in December and all month they have this person to do secret service acts for and then this is the person they make/buy a present for. I wasn't sure how it would work out considering the ages, but I have seen many acts of service and it's been precious to watch. (love those girls!)
CHRISTMAS STORIES
Nothing adds to the Christmas feeling like a good Christmas story. Every year I like to add a book or two to the collection. This year I got the bright idea to put a ton of Christmas books on hold at the library (I did that in Nov so we could get them in Dec). Some were cute, some were touching, and we loved them all. We read and reread them. My favorite one we checked out was "The First Christmas Stocking," but have a tissue handy!
No comments:
Post a Comment