by Gerald N. Lund
I have only read volume 1 through 7, but so far they are my overall favorite. I can’t wait to read volumes 8 and 9! I love learning church history through a page turning fictional story. (By the way, the movies are nothing like the books, it’s definitely worth the time and effort to read them!)
I have only read volume 1 through 7, but so far they are my overall favorite. I can’t wait to read volumes 8 and 9! I love learning church history through a page turning fictional story. (By the way, the movies are nothing like the books, it’s definitely worth the time and effort to read them!)
Best Love Story Goes To....
The Wedding by Nicholas SparksThis is the sequel to The Notebook and has to be the best love story in the whole world. It is not only an entertaining page turner, but also inspires you to be a better spouse and to remember the importance of adding a little romance!
Quote: “I learned, for instance, that while wounds can be inflicted easily upon those we love, it’s often much more difficult to heal them. Yet the process of healing those wounds provided the richest experience of my life, leading me to believe that while I’ve often overestimated what I could accomplish in a day, I had underestimated what I could accomplish in a year.”
by Kim Edwards
“On a winter night in 1964, Dr. David Henry is forced by a blizzard to deliver his own twins. His son, born first, is perfectly healthy. Yet when his daughter is born, he sees immediately that she has Down’s Syndrome. Rationalizing it as a need to protect Norah, his wife, he makes a split-second decision that will alter all their lives forever. He asks his nurse to take the baby away to an institution and never to reveal the secret. But Caroline, the nurse, cannot leave the infant. Instead, she disappears into another city to raise the child herself.” So now you have to read it to find out what happens!
Other Romances that I have to mention...
Message In the Bottle by Nicholas Sparks
I don’t remember the movie at all, but the book I won’t soon forget. It is a beautiful romance that wrenches at the heart!
“On a winter night in 1964, Dr. David Henry is forced by a blizzard to deliver his own twins. His son, born first, is perfectly healthy. Yet when his daughter is born, he sees immediately that she has Down’s Syndrome. Rationalizing it as a need to protect Norah, his wife, he makes a split-second decision that will alter all their lives forever. He asks his nurse to take the baby away to an institution and never to reveal the secret. But Caroline, the nurse, cannot leave the infant. Instead, she disappears into another city to raise the child herself.” So now you have to read it to find out what happens!
Other Romances that I have to mention...
Message In the Bottle by Nicholas SparksI don’t remember the movie at all, but the book I won’t soon forget. It is a beautiful romance that wrenches at the heart!
The Gable Faces East/ Gables Against the Sky
by Anita StansfieldI love every book by this author, but this series stands out as my favorite. Takes place in Australia in the 1800s; I couldn’t put it down!




2 comments:
Thats a lot of books!!! They certainly sound good.
I noticed you were reading books like crazy! Good for you. I've heard great things about Memories Keeper's Daughter--but also heard to prepare to be saddened. Anyway, so impressed with your great speed reading. I'll have to pick up a few of Nicholas Sparks's books. I've never read his books before--seen a lot of the movies from his books, but haven't read them. Anyway, congrats on your successful reading.
-Melissa
Post a Comment