Saturday, May 31, 2008

Memorial Day for you all, Labor Day for me!

Well all that bed rest (and labor) was worth it! Layla is here and perfect! Labor didn't go as planned, but neither did this pregnancy! The hospital was full and my induction was postponed every few hours through Saturday night and Sunday, which was very frustrating! Sunday at 7 p.m. they finally called us and told us to come in. It took until Monday around noon to get my cervix "favorable" for an induction. After having my epidural so early (before I was in pain) with the first three, I thought I would wait just a little while and feel what a contraction was like. Well, the anesthesiologist came in and said I'm here, let's go ahead and do it, it's old fashioned to wait until your hurting! So how do you refuse that! The problem was that the epidural ended up being very right sided. Meaning that my right side was dead and I felt every bit of labor on my left side! I guess having 3 pain free children all caught up with me! But it was all worth to have my beautiful girl finally here! I see a little bit of each of her sisters in her, but she does have the darkest hair. On Tuesday, the very excited big sisters and Noni came to visit Layla and I at the hospital! Alaina got to hold Layla first, she was amazingly gentle and gave baby lots of loves, when it was time to pass her, she adamantly declared, "No! My Baby!" They adored her all morning, when it was time for them to go get lunch and go shopping, Alyse just sobbed about leaving baby so I let her stay with me. For almost 3 hours she sat in bed with me and held Layla, she was perfectly good! Then, after a few more hours of loving baby and it was time to go, Alyse and Lexi were broken hearted and sobbed all the way home!

2 comments:

The Despain Gang said...

Such sweet pictures of you girls kissing and loving their new baby sister. Layla really is just so adorable. What were her stats--weight, height, etc.?

Clarissa Weideman said...

She is so cute, and it is great that her big sisters love her so much. We were so excited to hear when she was born. We can't wait to see her.