Friday, September 3, 2010

Noni and Bompi

Scott's parents, aka "Noni & Bompi" came to visit us Aug 26th-31st.  We enjoyed them so much!  Scott took a week of leave and we enjoyed a good mixture of hanging out at home and exploring Colorado.  The only place I had my camera was the Denver Museum of Nature and Science, but we also did Garden of the Gods walk with a drive through Manitou Springs on the way home, the Denver Mint tour and saw coins being produced, dinner at the Cheesecake Factory, and we went Scubba diving!  Noni, Bompi, Scott, and I did a discover Scubba class and it was awesome!  I did it, I did it (I know Scott had serious doubts), and I even loved it!  Scott and I also enjoy a 9 hour date and other daily little "get out the door without the kids" outings like a drive, shopping, and the scubba class.   At home we played we played some games, watched "Little House on the Prairie" on Alyse's sick day, and the girls just loved playing with their Noni & Bompi. 


The Denver Museum of Nature and Science
the view from the balcony
Denver's sky line with the Rocky Mountains
looking at solar flares on the sun
Bompi and Alyse doing a lab expierment
Scott getting his tounge "painted" to see his taste buds
and Layla was the only other brave enough one
checking to see if a deer's big ears really help them to hear better
riding the llamas
Layla being eaten by the walking dinasour skeleton
and a good view of Layl'a shiner!  She "bonked on the chair" and that's all we know, since she was in a room by herself when it happened.
 Fun days!  Now, it's back to work and homework!   Scott started online classes on the 31st, and with his amount of work hours, this will be an interesting semester- oh yea, it will be like this for the next 4+ years!  It's precious time when Scott and the girls have a day off on the same day!!

No comments: