Monday, September 27, 2010

another year older and wiser too!

Scott works swing shift on my birthday and would leave before the girls got home for school so we decided to celebrate last Friday instead.  There was no school for a teacher report card prep day (can't believe one quarter is done already!) and Scott had the day off, yea!   I was told it was my pick.  I was thinking Helen Hunt Falls or the Denver Zoo, but then Scott broke his ankle, so that took out any option that involved much walking!  It ended up being a fun day at home building a scarecrow, opening presents, eating icecream cake (yum!), watching Little House on the Prairie/nap, going out to Mimi's for dinner, taking pictures of Alyse for her baptism invitation with my new camera lens, and after the girls were in bed, watching the first episode of Lost .  So fun, I could use a lot more of those kind of days!  I got all the joys of a birthday including strawberry shortcakes for breakfast and being pampered all day without the actual aging part! 








 too many candles to look!

1 comment:

Kate Fredrickson said...

Ruby, you look fantastic!