Sunday, April 10, 2016

March 2016- Young Women Activities

In February I was called as the Laurel Advisor  (teaching the 16-18 year-old girls) and it was just in time for some big Young Women activities.  In March, our combined activity was a trip to Hawaii.   The girls received boarding passes for invitations with bags to place in things about themselves for a getting to know you activity.  In the foyer, as they arrived they checked their bags and donned Hawaiian accessories, then turned in their boarding passes and got on the "plane".

Lexi got to attend because all the girls turning twelve this year were invited as well.

Checking in, and Sister Dance the stewardess greeted and instructed them, Hawaiian music played, and they watched a short inflight movie

meanwhile, hi-jackers prepared to take over 
(Sister Campbell, me, and Sister Armstrong)

The young women enjoying the flight then hi-jackers took over and rerouted the plane from Hawaii to Mexico!!

We unboarded into a  surprise Un-birthday Party with a Mexican feast!

Later in March was the Camp Kick-Off at a beautiful cabin in Lava.  Lexi got to go to since she turns twelve before camp and this was a pre-camp activity.
We spent Friday evening playing getting to know you games and then Ooga Booga.  Lexi and I had never played before so we got initiated by this crazy bunch of Ooga Boogas.  (I won't spill the beans in case you haven't played before!)  Then we stayed up till 1:30 a.m. playing games, then I got to go off to my own room, but I could still hear girls up till 3:30ish and I hardly slept a wink!  After breakfast the next morning, we had a spiritual devotional, made a craft, had lunch, cleaned and headed home exhausted.

Also, we had a special 5 stake fireside with Rosie Card, a previous model, as the speaker and Alyse played the violin with five girls singing Press Forward.   The song and the speaker were wonderful; Rosie has an awesome story to tell.

I love being in Young Womens again!

No comments: