I have had an incredible amount of cabin fever this winter!!!! I never even put gas into the van in all of January and was pretty much home from the week of Christmas on. It was great for a few weeks then I got stir crazy! I love being home, but I'm hungry for trees (not to eat, just to be around!) and nature and outdoors and camping!!!! Being out in the snow just isn't the same for me; I need green and sunny skies and fresh spring air!! We've been sick more this winter than we have for a long time, just colds and flu stuff, but plenty of it. I've had a cold that I just couldn't shake and haven't had much of a voice this week and no voice on Wednesday. We've had a few teaser days of spring that give me hope that winter won't last forever. Saturday was on of them and we took the kites out to Portneuf Wellness Center.

It was great to be out even though it 44 degrees and very windy! It lasted for about 20 minutes until Landon, in spite of all efforts to use the bathroom before we left the house, had to go to the bathroom (#2) and the bathrooms there were closed for the winter. Since it was cold, Layla and Alaina were the only ones who wanted to stay so I drove the other 4 home leaving Scott, Layla, and Alaina there. When I eventually made it back, I couldn't find them. Layla had been flying the spinning kite and Scott was trying to teach Alaina how to fly his kite. Trying, as in he would get it launched and by the time he made it back to Alaina to help her, she would have it crashed again :) Just as she was getting the hang of it, Layla let the kite reel slip through her fingers and it took off. Scott chased it for a while then went back to get his kite put away and they set off to chase the other, just to make sure it had cleared the power lines, or to see if it caught on something and they could miraculously get it back. I finally found them and we could see the kite, holding steady like it was caught on something flying high, but steady over a house in a subdivision, past an empty field, across from the park. We drove around and found it, line snagged on a tree branch, and were actually able to get it out and bring it home! Before we made it home, we got a call from Alyse saying Lexi was throwing up so we came home to that and by bedtime Scott was sick too, then Alain, then Audrey again, after already having it on Tuesday! I spent another long night in the living room between 3 puking kids. I only got up for church the next morning because Alyse was playing a violin song in sacrament meeting that the YW were singing too.
Now it's sunny, all of us are well at the moment (although Alyse and Landon seem like ticking time bombs since they haven't had it yet, but hopefully won't), and I think I'm going to make it! Spring, outdoors, vacations, camping, and HIKING are just around the corner!






No comments:
Post a Comment