We were able to get a few projects completed this summer, wrapping them all up about our 1 year in this home mark!
I found this chandelier at DI for $5. Of course it didn't look like this when I got it but I saw potential! It was an easy fix to get it done. It was gold, but a can of spray paint and it's beautifully white! I also removed the glass bowls that were around each light. I didn't get a before picture of the chandelier, and not being in the mood to hunt for a picture that it happens to be in, just believe me when I say it was ugly and I have really wanted to replace it the whole year we have been here. Its so big that Scott had to put in a part into the ceiling to hold it safely and he got it all up for me :) I also got the chairs reupholstered, which desperately needed doing.

Earlier this year, we got up the peg board in the unfinished craft room and I painted the cabinet top. I was on a roll with spray painting chandeliers and kept going after the success in the dining room. This was actually the old dining room chandelier, but it doesn't look anything like it did! The lights use to come down with the glass bowls and it was a reddish brown color. The light bulbs still need replaced to but it's what I had on hand for today :)
Alyse actually did this chandelier make over and took on her first spray paint project. She did great, better than I do with spray paint because I'm too impatient to let it dry enough in between coats and get it too thick. She chose the perfect coral color... that's my project girl!
The kids attended a Home Depot building project at the library during the summer reading program. When we went in and they handed Landon hammer, the boy couldn't have been happier! They each built there own little tool box, even Landon, and then we came home to paint and distress the paint and make them cute :)
I got this magnetic chalkboard calendar at Walmart, but repainted and distressed the frame. It's my new menu planner and I love it! Alyse and I made little cards with each meal from our cook book and laminated them stuck a magnet on the back and now menu planning for the month is much easier. The girls are assigned one week at a time to be kitchen helper. They help plan meals and cook them during there week. Now we just lay out all the cards, they pick the ones they want, I adjust them as needed and arrange them in the week as I see best, and it's done for the month in ten minutes :) Just don't come to dinner on Tuesdays!
Scott and I built a Lego table for Landon. Legos were starting to take over Landon and Alaina's room and I didn't like the chaos and didn't enjoy stepping on them! Now the Legos have boundries and stay in them for the most part. It's light and easy to slide so when they are not being played with, it just slides under Landon's bed and are out of sight! Someday I would like to add the Lego panels to the top work surface. The best part, besides building stuff with Scott which I love, and the chaos control, is that it was built completely out of wood and paint already lurking in our garage and so it was completely free!




No comments:
Post a Comment