Thursday, September 25, 2014

Ward Party at Chandler Ranch

Back to May one more time for our 3rd annual ward party at Chandler Ranch.  Scott was working and wasn't able to attend :( and the weather started out a little rough, but it cleared up and was a great evening.  The kids love it!  Landon was enthralled with everything from the horse rides, riding the 4 wheeler with Bro. Chandler, feeding the sheep, and using a pitch fork.   




When we were in the sheep barn, some of the older boys were using a pitch fork to scoop up the straw and put it back in the stalls.  Landon has always had a thing for pitch forks!  He called them "pinch forks" though :)  He was watching everything the older boys did with one and kept pulling on me saying, "I NEED a pinch fork, I N-E-E-D a pinch fork!"  When the big boys sat them down, Landon got one and used it just like them!!!

We had a chili cook off and pie baking contest.  My peanut butter pie won first place and I took home the trophy!  (the trophy should say pie baking instead of pie judging :)  I didn't judge the pies)  Alyse made the crust, Lexi made the filling, and I decorated the top.  We had to make Scott one when he got home since he missed our 1st place pie.

1 comment:

The Despain Gang said...

How fun! Congrats on the prize too.

Why I'm really posting is to wish you a VERY VERY Happy Birthday! I hope this year is fantastic. Happy 33rd Birthday! LOVES