Friday, October 18, 2013

Good bye job!

On October 4th, I let Weiser Hospital know I wanted to stop working on the floor and only keep my child birth education class!!!!   Yea!  I had thought that quitting my St. Als job would be enough and I could still handle a few days a month at Weiser.  But, no I couldn't very well.  It was hard enough keeping up with every thing (new policies, classes, staff meetings, etc) in a unit as a part time employee, but as PRN and coming due with a lot of classes for re-certifications, not having a bit of heart into the job, and having more than plenty to do at home it just wasn't happening very well.  So I'm done with that and am completely a stay-at-home mom!  YEAH!!!  When I told my director, she said, "But you have worked so hard for all this, are you sure you just want to let it go?"  That was so easy to answer with, "I have worked a lot harder for my 6 kids!"  I never worked because I enjoyed it or wanted the time away from my family or gloried in work achievements.  It is such a major relief to be done and not feel the extreme amount of pressure of work!  Nursing can be extremely stressful.  It was wonderful to come home and cross PALS off my calendar (and the huge amount of studying I needed to do before the class!)  The achievements I make at home and see in my children are truly joyful and happy.  I am grateful for a supportive husband and the great heroics he does to provide for our family.  I hope my children's memories of me working fade quickly.  I hope that they will grow up with the idea of mom working is foreign and they desire and find joy in their role at home and with their children.  My heart goes out to mom's who HAVE to work

No comments: