With how quickly our move has taken place from first thoughts to completed, it has created more To-Do's than Can-Be-Done's. Prioritization has been the key, but I have problems with this because I want everything done and done now :) I can recognize the priority 10 items, but the rest of it all blends together in my mind.
In the midst of getting our home ready to sell or rent (which involved a large number of home projects) and getting the girls and I ready to move in a short time, I asked Scott if he would give Alaina's shelves a quick sanding so that I could paint them. His response, "Everything is not a priority 9." (He got the quote from an According to Jim episode, just incase you've heard it.)
I really tried to remember that in the chaos before leaving for Idaho. My last month here in Idaho has been calm, but Scott's hasn't since he had work, school, and a Do-It-Yourself move. Scott is currently on his way here with all our stuff so I'm just reminding myself that EVERYTHING IS NOT A PRIORITY 9. Stuff CAN sit in boxes until I can get to them (anything absolutely essential is already at the house), Alaina CAN live without her shelves while they wait in the garage until I can get to painting them, and not every home project has to be done as soon as move in!
2 comments:
the house is really cute. from your earlier description I wasn't picturing nearly as cute. It seems perfect. The girls seem so happy to be "home"!
I bet you can't wait for Scott to arrive with all your stuff. But you're right. It's hard to do, just sit and let things be---well not so hard for me--but I can tell for you that's hard and so it's a good reminder to us all to make what should really come first, come first.
Post a Comment