No major events are happening with Alyse, Lexi, and Alaina.
Alyse- She has the best 3rd grade teacher in the world. She loves reading, school, basket ball, and activity day girls.
Lexi- She has the best 1st grade teacher in the world. She loves reading, school, basketball, and can't wait to go to activity day girls!
Alaina- She can't wait to start school and basketball!
Layla- She is ever the monster. She's 2 and my most difficult 2 year old yet! To sum up her mass of dr apt and labs she has had in the last months: They incidentally found on a CBC that her alk phos was really insainly high (like 5,800). This is a lab value you would see in major bone disorders (like cancer, ricketts, ect.) or in gastrointestional disorders. So they checked out every other lab they could imagine! They drew a lot of blood over several months and took 5 containers of pooh. (don't come towards her with blue gloves or beware, on the other hand, she thinks it's hillarious to collect her poop and take it to the dr.!) They have found nothing! Her alk phos gradually returned to normal and they have no idea why it spiked. She has no further apts or labs scheduled and we are both happy with that!
Me- well, there is not too much too share about me right now, I just keep up with all that listed above! I saw the dr., the opthalmogist, and the dentist this month... so between those and Layla's apts, I'm rather done with waiting in dr.'s offices (well until the kids go to the dentist next week)! and I'm feeling very thankful for Tricare who paid for all those apts and Scott's 3 too! I'm ready for spring/summer- bring on the yard and garden work!
so for "the plan".... Scott is doing prerequisites for the radiography program and we want to live in small town Idaho. we have it narrowed down to 2 methods:
#1 Scott continues to take his prerequisites online through Weber State, we get out of the AF about July 2012 and move to the Ogden, Utah area and he does 2 years of the radiography and then 1 more year of either nuclear medicine or ratiation therapy, then we move to Idaho. (that puts us in small town Idaho about May of 2015) note* this plan hinges on the AF still letting people out of the AF next year. It has a major benefit of Scott being able to do AF reserves at Hill AFB which keeps us on Tricare throughout schooling and being able to apply to the on-campus program and 10+ outreach programs to increase his odds of acceptance, but the disadvantage of Alyse being nearly 14 before we finally get to small town Idaho and grow some roots!
#2 Scott gets out of the AF this Aug (they are taking tons of volunteers right now) and Scott starts full-time at BSU taking prerequisites this fall and the spring semester (they require more prerequisites), does the radiology program the next two years, and then does nuclear imaging through Weber State online his last year. note* this plan hinges on getting thee house in Emmett that we ow so badly want- it's going to aution and we are going to bid. (and I suppose if we really wanted this method, we could find another house we like if the Emmett one doesn't work out) It has the major benefit of getting to small town Idaho this summer and the down side of having to pay for student insurance, and adding another year of Scott being a full-time student, having to rush to get our house on the market (and sell it!), and having to payback the housing credit (because we have only owned it for 2 years), and then if doesn't get accepted into the radiology program that year, would end up moving to Utah anyways.
Note** both of them have a lot more advantages and disadvantages than I can explain in a timely matter, so that's the basis and life in a nutshell!!
5 comments:
Ugh, I can feel your confusion! It will all work out and you'll land exactly where (and when) you are meant to.
Oh-- Decisions, Decisions. It's always scary to make big ones-- the only comfort I get when I have to make big decisions like that is obviously tons of prayer and going to the temple but also realizing that heavenly father already knows which path you'll take and whatever happens in life you already have what is most important - in the big scheme of things. :) also I love reading your posts and seeing how your family is doing it's nice to be able to keep in touch.
Who are you?? I feel pretty proud of myself after planning a shopping trip, or just getting from one day to the next. My brain is reeling after reading this. Nice plans! If you come to Utah, that would be wonderful! We could meet up. If you get your house in Emmette, also very exciting for you! I actually started at BSU towards the Rad Tech program, but changed my course the first year. It is a great program and a great field to get into. I taught for a semester in that building. There are some great professors (or at least there were 6 years ago).
Oh, and the rainbow pancakes. So cute!
We VOTE for move to Idaho, sooner the better! Not that I can keep up with you but would love to see all of you more. :)
well... you know my vote!!! But I'll support you on any road you choose. One of the best things about you and Scott is you are faithful to the end. It will all end up perfect for you! xoxo
Post a Comment