The girls have had a chore for quite some time that I kept track of with some magnets on the fridge. We do dishwasher princess, kitchen princess, and take the trash out princess and rotate them weekly. Yes, adding the word "princess" makes it much more appealing! I started making these new charts at the beginning of the summer and finially finished them. I wanted the girls to know exactly what things they needed to accomplish each day. I hung them by the kitchen window (since I spend lots of time in there) and at a glance I can see who still needs to do what.
The lettering is hard to read in the picture but each one has a name on top and the left column says "To do.." and the right says "Done!" so that as each card is done they can move the magnet over. The job on the top left is their weekly chore and that doesn't move, it's usually done more than once a day.
During the summer we have cards for getting dressed, getting hair done, saying morning prayers, and getting teeth brushed in morning since those are things that the girls would rather not do in the summer! When school starts those are a given and I'll trade the cards to putting their back pack away and getting homework done. The other cards are for making their bed, putting their clean laundry away, reading, cleaning their room, and practicing the piano for Alyse. I made a 4th board- someday it will be Layla's- but for now it's where the extra cards go and the things that don't need to be done daily. Things like the vacuum I can put on their board on Saturdays so they know they need to vacuum their room that day. The bed time things I don't put on their boards because they are mastered habits and as these cards become habits I can make new ones! When we get our dog I'll add pet care cards too. I'm loving this and the kids are too- they like to move their cards over and see their accomplishments. So far we have told them that they can have a point for each day they get everything done (we have a point reward system) but I'm debating about a very small money amount instead (30 days adds up!)... I got the sheet metal for free, the ribbon for $1, the letter stickers I all ready had, the cards I printed, covered whith contact paper, and stuck on a magnet (which I also all ready had). So I love that it was a $1 project!
and my last two projects (for awhile anyways!)
this table used to be a light oak stain, Scott sanded it for me and I painted it black for our new desk
and this chair from light oak to white to complete Alyse and Lexi's room
This is this is one more view of Alyse and Lexi's bunk bed (Scott's picture didn't really show this)
This is the main reason Alyse wanted this bed- the book shelf next to it!
The book shelf could slide over and trade places with the lamp so that the lamp light would come from behind, Scott thinks that makes more sense, but I think looking at it from the front- it looks better this way :)
No comments:
Post a Comment