Sunday, August 8, 2010

Meet Nina

I'm not a pet crazy person in the least, but I did decide I wanted a dog and running partner and convinced Scott he did too!  We decided we wanted a lab and began searching the Humane Society, on line ads, the pet store, etc. and found frustration.  After that, we decided it was worth the price for one of Colorado's K-9 Prision trained dogs.  It's a great work program that inmates can apply for.  The prision gets all the dogs they train for free- from donation or from Humane Societies across the state that are recommended by the vet for their temperment or people can bring their pet in for training for a month, the price is all the same.  The dog stays with the inmate 24/7 and comes out a well taught, obeidient dog.  Nina was in prision for 4 months, she is now reformed! 
Nina came home with us yesterday.  Scott had to work and since we didn't want to put our appointment out any further, the girls and I headed to Canon City to meet her.  We fell in love and after we went through a really long class on learning how to keep your dog obeidient and practice with Nina, we got to take her!  She has a been a beautiful and very obeidient dog! 

4 comments:

Felton Family said...

I was so not a pet person either, and to say the least I didn't want an indoor pet...but ofcourse I love Thor our dog and they do just grow on you. What a cutie she is. I had a lab growing up and they are great!!! Congrats on the new family member:)

The Despain Gang said...

Yay such a sweet face!

The Despain Gang said...

I just updated myself with your blog. It's been too long. Your hair is cute. The girls are just so sweet and fun--loved the camping pictures!

Dunbabin said...

She is darling. I'm glad you found her.