Sunday, August 1, 2010

Idaho: Camping

When I arrived in Idaho I got this great idea that everyone should go camping, after a little perseverance, we went!  and it was a blast!!!  LOVED IT!    My tent was accidentally left at my mom's last year, we had brought sleeping bags with us, I bought new air mattresses, borrowed stuff  from my in laws, and we were set!  The camp ground was perfect, it was near Mesa, Idaho on private property, so we had the place reserved and to ourselves and it was beautiful!


Grammy trying to get Layla to take a nap, which ended up with Grammy napping and Layla off and playing!

The littlest camper in her sun hat and shades she stole from Aunt Kristey!
Layla is watching the fire but she doesn't like the crackly sound so she plugs her ears
a very tired camper who never took a nap- she is standing up and leaning onto a chair, she wasn't asleep but nearly, and yes I did snuggle her after I got this picture

Grammy's craft table!
Alaina shows off her necklace and ring she made
the kids using the Twister Hopscotch rings to play a ring toss on the tree branches- cleaver!
Mike and Stacy sneaking a rest
Lexi and her new necklace and ring
and Alyse's
Lexi with her roasted marshmallows
Alyse eating a banana boat, she takes after her grandma here- I think they're discusting
Layla finally sound asleep on Aunt Carla
me eating a marshmallow
my mom in heaven with her huge toasty marshmallows
Alyse and her glow in the dark halo
 Alyse, Lexi, Ashley, and Alaina

Very talented just like her daddy!
My nephews James and Owen
waking up in the tent- my favorite part of camping!!  Love those early, crisp, beautiful mornings full of fresh air and snuggly sleeping bags!
swimming in the creek- Mike, James, and I moved rocks to make a swimming area for the kids, complete with a shallow and deep end and rock to jump off of
sisters!  love these girls- dirt smudges and all!
relaxing in the shade
my brother Mike and I
So much fun- thank you Mom, Carla, Kristey, Mike (and families) for going with me- it made my summer complete!!!!

No comments: