All I wanted for my birthday...
but of course I couldn't have it.


but of course I couldn't have it.My family threw me a surprise party and did pretty good at keeping my mind occupied. Other than my kids made me crazy, it was as good as it could have been, considering. Scott spoiled me from afar and I have to mention that my big brother, Mike, did the sweetest thing and took me out on a date to a movie Saturday night. We saw Fireproof, which was not what we were expecting (we were thinking along the lines of Ladder 49), but it was pretty good for a churchy chickflick.

I add this picture, not so you can see what I look like first thing in the morning, but so you can check out this sweet little chocolate bowl full of chocolate moose that my mom gave me.
My family had our final weigh in for our biggest loser competition. I am proud to say I am the biggest loser (11lbs)! (Despite eating that for breakfast!)
So this was what Scott was up to yesterday, it's his reenlistment ceremony. Yes, after two deployments (in 2 and 1/2 years) he is still reenlisting, but he shouldn't have to go again now that he is in the space program. (I use the term shouldn't loosely, he did just swear away his life again to the USAF, but we have hope for the best and do plan to retire from the AF). He's an incredible husband and I do appreciate what he goes through to provide for our family, I'm proud of my man.


5 comments:
I knew something special was happening yesterday...but I thought I was wrong about the day. UUGGGHHHH! Happy Birthday!(late now.) Looks like you and the girls lived it up! I would have taken you out on a date too, but not to a movie...SHOPPING! I love you to pieces and I miss you more everytime I look at your blog. I really hope your day was great and all the rest are FAST!!!!!
Happy Birthday (a few days late)! That chocolate bowl looks delish. Congrats on the biggest loser, that is awesome. It is great to see some pictures of Scott and I hope that he doesn't get deployed again.
Sorry that your "Happy Birthday" didn't have Scott with you, but it sure looks like you had lots of loved ones there! Glad that you got to get away for a movie too, I'm guessing it's hard go get away and do 'adult' stuff sometimes. Anyhoo, Happy Belated Birthday!
First of all, Scott shaved his head!!!! I have never seen him like that before. Okay... Happy birthday Ruby! You look amazing, congrats on the 11 lbs! Congrats on the reenlistment too. We miss your beautiful family so much!
Happy Belated Birthday. Man did September go by fast, I forgot my brothers birthday also. Anyways you look great love the new hair cut.
Post a Comment