you can't find happiness at the end of your journey if you didn't bring it with you all along. -KM
Sunday, October 5, 2008
ramblings of a tired mother...
This last weekend the girls, my mother-in-law, and I took a spontaneous trip to Utah. I shopped till I dropped (kid free), visited with family, and got pampered by Kira with a new cut and color! It was fun while it lasted and now it's back to reality and survival mode. I have a million different things I could blog about but I can't get it all out. Maybe thats because my mind is fried, my decision maker (after going into overtime, has blown a fuse and needs a break), I have 3 fussing kids, and my only "should be moments to myself" go something like this: my shower today- Lexi comes in and says Alaina is getting into the formula, so with shampoo in my hair I'm running to stop Alaina in mid-disaster, 2 minutes later, Lexi comes in asking for food and after I snap out some reply like "can't you see I'm in the shower!" I feel bad and shed a few tears. My night of sleep went something like this: Alaina wakes up crying, I tuck her back in, Lexi wakes up with a bad dream, I tuck her back in, Lexi comes back in saying she is scared, I put her in bed next to me, I wake up because I'm on the edge of the bed and Lexi has all the blanket, I tuck Lexi back into bed, Alaina wakes up crying again, I tuck her back into bed and then my alarm goes off and I have 1 hour and 10 minutes to get 20 minutes of Alyse's reading homework in and then get all five of us ready, fed, and buckled into the van. Hmmm.... I think I'm ready for another vacation, I don't like my reality so much. I know, I know, I am very blessed to have an amazing, incredible husband who is alive and well even if he is on the other side of the world, and four beautiful girls, I'm just ready for this deployment to be over!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment