- Well its been two months today, on the optimistic side, were 1/3 of the way done, on the pessimistic side, which I'm on today, we have 2/3 to go (of just this phase). Oh, and by the way, for those who haven't heard the rest of the story: Scott got a new class date in March and its 5 days short of a PCS for us. And to keep this a G rated site, I won't describe how I feel about that. But on a positive note I won't have to hear another civilian/Idahoan say "only six months?"
- Hurry up and wait- that's my daily life. Alyse and Lexi are both in ballet and swimming lessons, but not in the same class or even the same time, which makes for a crazy schedule. We rush to get ready, get everyone loaded, get there and wait for them to finish. Now the waiting part COULD be great. Oh how I would love to just sit and watch them dance or swim or read a book or just plain sit for a moment. But that's not the case, I have three other kids to entertain, keep from screaming, fighting, etc. Aghhh.....
- Scott and I have been looking on the internet at real estate in the little towns outlying Colorado Springs, I found the home I want, but I can only hope it will still be for sale next July. I'd go buy it today, but with our recent luck, Scott would end up with orders to Florida even though its a .01% chance. But in the mean time, it gives me hope and something to dream about.
- To answer the common question "how do you do it?" I do it one day at time, there's no other choice. Sometimes I do it well and sometimes I don't. The blog can stream together a lot of happy snapshots, but there is a lot a moments in between those when life isn't so beautiful.
- And last but not least here is the comment my dear husband posted yesterday. SSgt Scott Weideman wrote..... "Well Everyone who reads the comments, This is Scott from my deployed location. Hi Everyone! Ruby I just want to say I love you, I miss you. Thank you for being a wonderful wife and mommy. For everyone that is helping Ruby and my Daughters out back home Thank you very much. Take good care of my family. I will see you all when I get home. I love you Ruby, Alyse, Lexi, Alaina, Layla Gracie, I love you!!"
you can't find happiness at the end of your journey if you didn't bring it with you all along. -KM
Monday, September 22, 2008
Random Thoughts
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Sorry it's hard without Scott. I wish it was easy for you. You make me appreciate life right now for me. I was feeling stressed and anxious today because 1) Boston's still not communicating verbally and 2) I have my Enrichment activity tonight that I'm just hoping goes well and will be over. But after reading your post today, I think I have it pretty good. Thanks for making me appreciate my simple, little life. Scott's note is truly so sweet.
-Melissa
Great to hear how things are going Ruby, and nice to hear from Scott. Hang in there and We Love You!
Post a Comment