Friday, September 26, 2008

Home Sweet Home ????

Scott sent some pictures of his dorm room today. It's not home home but it sure beats the living quarters from last time. I could dig up some pictures but most of you have seen your own husbands pictures of it, for the rest of you, imagine a 6x6 ft room with brown paneling, two bunk beds, and two wall lockers squeezed in with a 1/2 mile walk to the bathroom (not to mention he was in a tent with 40 other men for the his first month there on the last deployment and then when he got his room he shared it with "PigPen" himself).

Scott describes it as a jail cell crossed with a motel room, but appreciates the upgrade. Especially having his own room.
This kitchenette (and bathroom) he shares with another sgt from his shop
(I'm not exactly sure the need for this, it's not like they have a grocery store, they eat at the chow hall)
Not exactly roughing it with a TV, wii, and laptop
hmmm... what should he wear today?

3 comments:

Ashlea said...

That's cool that he's got at least a little bit of "normalcy" while he's gone....and not to mention the tv, wii and laptop... I don't even have a wii. :) AND, I LOVE the "what should he wear" comment... that cracked me up!

Anonymous said...

Defineately beats the tent with 40. But a kitchen??? Nice.

Clarissa Weideman said...

That is nice that he at least isn't living in the conditions he had last time. I agree the kitchen is interesting...it isn't like they are going to make ramen noodles. I wonder how much time he actually gets to spend with the wii and laptop?
Thanks for the update :)