Sunday, April 20, 2008

What a beautiful day!

I had Dr. appointments on Wed. and Fri. that were so good that he said I could be up for 3 hours on Sat. and on Sun!!!! (I personally added Fri. to that list and made dinner for my family and bathed my kids! Which really is a great luxury when you can't do it forever!) Alyse made a list of ideas she would like to do on Saturday as a family - 1. Go to the park 2. Take a picnic outside and 3. Go to the mall. I agreed it was a great list! So we packed a picnic, went to Mt. Rushmore and enjoyed wandering around and taking pictures (and hoped to get their great ice cream, but it was closed!), then we went to Canyon Lake Park for our picnic and fed a loaf of bread to the ducks, next we went to the mall and Alyse got a new swimsuit! It was an awesome day, the weather was perfect, and I enjoyed being up and out soooo much!! After an afternoon nap, we completed our day with a great BBQ! I actually felt like a normal mom for a day!!

3 comments:

The Despain Gang said...

What a great day you had! I'm so jealous! That looks like a beautiful day filled with fun memories with the kids! Glad to hear you had that opportunity and that your doctor's appointment went so well!
-Melissa

Clarissa Weideman said...

Looks like it was a really great day. We have only had a few of those. Nice pictures of Scott in shorts barbqueing (sp), and the girls look like they had alot of fun. That is great that your pregnancy is doing well enough that you can get out of bed for a few hours. I can't imagine how crazy you must be going having to be on bed rest.
I love your blog it is a great way to keep up :)

Anonymous said...

Looks like such a perfect day...you are making great memories for your girls