One evening while Scott and the girls were at Noni and Bompi's house, the girls were playing outside and Bompi was mowing the yard. Bompi came across a hula hoop in his way, picked it up and threw it to the side of the yard. Alaina ran over to get it out of the flower bed, but it had caught on the corner of a rebar grid leaning up against the shed for climbing flowers, so when she pulled on the hula hoop, it pulled the rebar down on her.
I was in Nampa at my mom's, getting ready for my 2nd of 3 shifts, when Scott called and asked if we needed an authorazation for insurance. "Yes, Why????" He said a big metal bar fell on Alaina's head. The rebar is big and heavy (about 5'x8'), but my imagination can create worse, and I was instantly thinking of major head injury instead of just needing stitches, but either way, it was hard to be away while my baby girl was in the ER. It was a rough night for me, but I'm sure it was worse for Alaina.
Getting numb...
it got her legs too... (each of these lines turned into dark bruises)
She still has quite a knot on her head. Lexi was the hero and lifted the rebar up enough for Alaina to get out and called for Daddy to come quick because it was heavy. When Scott was asking what had happened, Alaina in sobs said, "I was just trying to get the hula hoop." Alyse and Lexi later teased her that Bompi set a trap for her. Alaina said that she was going to set a trap for Bompi with a cookie in it. Alyse, Lexi, and now Alaina have inherited Scott's gene for a forehead scar!
2 comments:
I want to cry for you! And her! That looks just awful. There is nothing worse than seeing your child hurt:(. So glad she's okay though. And way to go Lexi, your little superhero.
I'm looking at your pictures and Desmond is on my lap and saying Ow Can I kiss it. He wants to kiss it better.
Post a Comment