The week has been a blur but it went something like this...
I picked up my brother, Mike, at the Denver airport Sunday night. It was delayed and we made it home after midnight. We got up at 5:30 Monday morning and drove the bad roads to Idaho. The trip went as well as 15 hours in a car can. We were very thankful for Mike and his expert driving skills!
We stayed that night with my mom and then headed to Weiser Tuesday morning, unloaded the van, and registered the girls in school. The girls started school on Thursday with lots of excitement and some nervousness too, especially Lexi. A little girl in her class became my hero that morning. I walked a very excited Lexi to her class, but when we got there and saw all the kids she froze up and clung to me in panic. I wasn't so sure what to do or how to get her in there when a little girl came over to her, gave her a big smile, and held out her hand to Lexi until Lexi was brave enough to grab it and go with her. It was very sweet! Alyse happily went into her class and as soon as she saw her teacher let go of my hand and was off. They came out of school happy about their day and excited for the next.
I started a nursing refresher course this week. It's boring and self-paced, which could make it a slow process but I have to finish it as soon as possible. So that I can start on the 80 hours of clinical part. (The part where I get to pay to work.) Then I can start a paying job!
We've had a family dinner with my family and with Scott's family. The kids have loved every second of being with cousins! We also saw our new house. We are excited to move in and start on projects! The back yard is bigger than I imagined... I'm going to need a megaphone to calls the kids in! It needs lots of work, but it has lots to work with and lots of character. The house too... it needs some modernizing from the Brady Bunch home. Closing is the 23rd and I still have no idea when we will get our furniture and stuff from Colorado, but I can't wait to at least get going on the yard. And a new house requires a little shopping :) The girls helped me shop for a new fridge, a freezer for the garage, and chairs for the island.
It still hasn't all sunk in yet... it still feels a like vacation mixed in with a little bit of real life (like sending the girls to school)!
1 comment:
Yay congrats on moving back to Idaho. That's so exciting. I'm glad Lexi made a new friend so quickly--what a sweet, well taught little girl. Good on the home projects and I'm slightly jealous you're able to go home permanently. Good luck. Can't wait to see pictures of the new home.
Post a Comment