Today the girls had there last day of school at Odyssey Elementary. I don't know about them, but I cried! They have truly had the most amazing teachers who put their whole heart into teaching and love every student. I have been amazed every time I volunteer in their classes or attend class parties.
Mrs. Kelleher declared today as National Alyse Weideman Day in the 3-K cottage. She brought this cake in for Alyse and made it a very special day for her. I came in for the last 30 minutes of class. The class had decorated a "throne" for Alyse. Mrs. Kelleher sat Alyse in her throne and had each member of the class give Alyse a compliment or two then they gave her a book they had been working on for her full of special letters. I came in at the end of this and Mrs. Kelleher, Alyse, and some of her closest friends were very teary. It was a sweet moment. We then served the cake, took class pictures, and said final goodbyes.
Lexi was the Star Student this week and also brought home a book of special letters from her classmates. This is Becca who has been Lexi's best friend since day #1 of kindergarten. We did playdates everyweek during their kindergarten year and this year they have been unseperable during recess.
Lexi and Mrs. Kelly, an amazing teacher, who we have love dearly!
Lexi, Mrs. Lamb, and Alyse
Mrs. Lamb was Alyse's 2nd grade teacher last year and this year is the STEM teacher for the elementary. (If your not familiar with STEM, it stands for science, technology, engineering, and mathmatics. Odyssey was so lucky to get the grant to start this program. They have this awesome science lab packed full of science equipment.)
Alyse and Lexi gave these to their teachers. The tag reads "Pop! Pop! Fizz, Fizz, Oh, What a great teacher you is!" (if you are in our ward you may recognize these- the primary presidency gave them out Sunday :) I didn't exactly regift, Scott and I enjoyed our popcorn and soda while playing a game Sunday evening and then I realized this would be cute for the school teachers. I replaced the popcorn and soda and reused the cute tage and bow!)
We love Odyssey!!
1 comment:
awww what a sweet post. Great to highlight the teachers that helped shape your girls. So great
Post a Comment