Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Denver Children's Museum

We would much rather not live in a huge city (C/S is about 600,000) or anywhere near a major metropolis, but since we do, we are trying to take advantage of what they do have to offer (besides too many people, higher crime rates, traffic, etc.)

A few weeks ago we went to the Denver Children's Museum, we didn't know quite what to expect, but it was awesome!  It was really just a huge place to play and imagine in everyway. 

The Firetruck and the cutest little firefighters!

the art studio
the building station using recycled materials
their finished products they designed and built (a train, a person, and a table)
my rabbit in the forest playland
Alyse as the vet in the animal hosptial
Alaina checks out the X-rays
Lexi gives her cat a shot
And Layla was there too!
About half way through we realized Layla was running a fever, by night she had quite a cough and by Sunday morning Alaina had a fever and a cough.  It was a rough few nights, Scott was at work, and Layla and Alaina ended up on each side of me in bed.  When Scott had the flu, I banished him to the bedroom and I dropped off meals, etc.  But with Layla and Alaina, I slept in between them, when one started coughing I turned the other way, and back and forth all night, with Motrin or Tylenol every 3 hours, and lots of Vics!  Well more like a rough five days, and two weeks later they are finally over their pouring noses and coughs.  Everyday I would wonder if I should take them in (worried about lungs), but we got through it with out a doctors visit, and amazingly, I never got it, or anyone else!  By the way, Layla and Scott were the only ones to get the flu shot. 

1 comment:

Heather said...

Are you serious!! That is so crazy that he is your dentist. Are they in your ward too? I don't know if I would trust him with my teeth. :) haha We love Sam and Collette.
Sounds like you and the family are doing great. Scott and Lani Olson are moving to CS this May maybe your paths will cross again.
Good to hear from you!