Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Playing in the Sand Box








Instead of trying to retell Scott's words, I'm just copying and pasting parts of his email (again, I hope he doesn't mind :)



"So today was a fun day, I am very tired now so I am sorry if this doesnt all make since but as of right now I have been awake for 29 hours with only about 5 hours the night before. anyways. to my day. We left and met our tour guide outside the gate, he was a very nice Palestinian. We drove to the sand dunes and stopped to ride the camels. I had to go first so I climbed on the camel that was lying down, there was nothing to hold onto. no riegns nothing just a little peice of wood they used to hold the blankets on. then the camel stood up with its back legs first. I almost fell over his head. but he stood up and then I was pretty balanced, it was like riding a bumpy horse. kinda strange but thats what it is.. hmm... well on with the story. so we rode the camels for a few minutes. It was a lot of fun. well until he decided he wanted to lay down again, they put there front legs down first, and again I almost fell over the front of the camel. oh well it was a lot of fun."





















"After the camels we went to ride on the sand dunes. Our driver, the Palastinian, was a very good driver. We where doing about 100 over the sand dunes. Going up and down them, driving around the edge of curved ones, it was so much fun, it was like riding a roller coaster that does 100 can tip over really easy and occasionly leaves the ground. Oh yea and it is on sand so it slides down alot. It was so much fun. Only once did I think we where going to tip over though. Ruby you would have hated it though, you would have passed out. But I thought it was awesome. well while we where driving we went all over the place. We drove to Saudi Arabia took some pictures had a lot of fun."













"Well after driving on the roller coaster for about an hour or two we arrived at our destination of the ocean resort. This place is amazing. It had the little hut things to eat under. It was right on the ocean, it had sand dunes to snow board down. It was so much fun. we got there and went and played in the ocean. I cant believe I have swam in the Persian Gulf now. I wish you could have been there, you would have loved it. The water was very clear you could see down several feet. it was just cool, not too hot or cold, well until it got night. Anyways we ate authentic BBQ food from here. they had beef cabobs with vegtables, they had lamb kabobs, they had chicken lettece salad stuff, and a weird type of bread. also a good rice stuff. Anyways I tried all of it, it was pretty good. Anyways we hung out there for a long time until it got night then we headed home."





"Saved a seat for you"
"Well lets see what else, oh yea, what could make a roller coaster going super fast over sand dunes better, lets do it at night when it is dark and you dont know when the hills end. Wow and we still didnt slow down. We where flying all over at night up and down the hills, it was great fun. anyways then we started our way back here. on the way home a huge truck tipped over spilling dirt over the road so that delayed us a little while. but we made it back, all of us in one peice. safe and sound. "











8 comments:

Sethington said...

Sounds like Scotts having a vacation without you. :) Anyways I was wondering if I could get the address of where you will be at the month of December so I can send christmas cards! Email me.

Anonymous said...

What a great experience to see another part of the world and experience their culture! Something not many of us get to do!

Anonymous said...

Yea, if I didn't know better, I would think he was actually having fun there. I guess hes making the best of it, that's good, but this post made me cry for you. All those fun things you could be doing together! He'll be home soon! Miss you!

Anonymous said...

Hi Ruby and Scott! I got your christmas letter and your family picture today,and now I'm checking out the awesome Weideman Family blog! We miss you! my email is Johannijones@comcast.net

Abrann and Sharon

The Despain Gang said...

WOW who knew camels and cars could be so fun! He writes like it was awesome--I bet it was. I didn't know you were terrified of roller-coaster-type things. Learn something new everyday! :) Glad to hear from him. It sounds like he's doing well although tired. I bet you're counting the minutes until your reunion! :)

Clarissa Weideman said...

Wow, sounds like Scott had a good day. I am sure that Shane would have loved to do those things with Scott. Thanks for sharing with us.

Jen said...

Hey Ruby and Scott! Are you trying to give your wife a heart attack? My heart even stopped for a few seconds when I watched the video of the SUV. Tell the driver to slow down while you are in the car ;) It definitely looks like you are having fun over there; how many people can say they took a ride on a camel in the desert? Cool!
We will be moving to Tucson in late Feb or March and I'm actually super excited about it! Tucson looks awesome (about the size of Co. Springs) and we will be able to live on base in a 4 bedroom house. Right now the toys are in our hallway because we don't have ANY ROOM! We will be able to visit you guys because you will be right on the way to my parents house. I loved your card, thanks!

Mary Peterson said...

That sounds so cool!