Monday, December 15, 2008

This and that...

Friday was Alyse, Lexi, and Ashley's dress rehearsal and recital. Having the two on the same day, made for one crazy chaotic day for me. But we all survived. Grammy & Al, Kristey, Mariah, James, Amanda, Mike, Stacy, Alysha, and Owen from my family and Scott's mom and Grandma were all there for the big show. I'm grateful for the family support, it's not very often living far away, that my girls get to have family in the audience! Alyse and her cousin, Ashley, are in kinderdance together. They do ballet and tap in class, for the recital they preformed a tap dance, the "Handjive." Lexi is in Creative 4s, a ballet class, and performed "A County Christmas." They all did awesome, I love to see them on stage!

Alyse and Ashley before dress rehearsal
Me and Lexi during dress rehearsalGetting ready before the recital
Ashley, Alyse, and Lexi
Alyse and Lexi
Show time!
Noni (Scott's mom) took Lexi, Alaina, and Layla home with her for the weekend. Alyse and I stayed for the second half of the show, Alyse loved watching it, and then we had a quiet restful weekend for the most part. Saturday I was in a triathlon at the Y, it was a 400 meter swim, 6 mile bike, and 2 mile run. I had practiced the bike and run a few times and then got sick and missed a few days, Friday I practiced again but my times weren't as good and I wasn't sure if I was still going to compete. But Saturday I couldn't bare to sit out, so I did it, and did it good enough I guess. I won first for the females with a 6 minute lead. My hope was to beat the male time too, but I didn't he had 4 1/2 minutes on me. I hadn't practiced the swim, I had no idea it would be so hard. I have swam laps twice since July, but at a leisurely pace, not racing. It completely wore me out! Tying my shoes, my leg was shaking so bad and I couldn't stop it, but I recovered on the bike and did great on the run. We were able to pick any bike we wanted (stationary bikes- we were at the Y), one mile into it, I asked the trainer in charge if the resistance made the revolutions go further like on a real bike, he said no, so I turned the resistance down. Afterwards, the guy that won said that he looked up all there models of bikes on the internet this week to figure out the resistance/ revolution thing. He said that the bike that I and one other female were on, were revolutions only. The bikes that everyone else were on, the resistance helped. Grrrr... but I have to hand it to him for checking that out! It was fun, but I don't think I'll do too many triathlons, I don't really care for swimming or competing the rest of the race wet, I think that's stupid. Anyways, Alyse and I went shopping that evening and she got to pick out presents for her sisters and for the exchange at school and then we picked up her Pizza Hut Book It pizza and a Subway sand which for me, came home watched a movie and ate, snuggled, and wrapped Christmas presents. Alyse slept for 14 hours straight that night, that's a first! Yesterday, Sunday, I got the girls back and we went to my niece, Amanda's piano recital in Parma. Today, Alyse is home from school with a rash that started right before dress rehearsal. The doctor's office called me today with lab results, positive for primary acute mono. Yea! Just what I need and what I'm figuring Alyse has too. I'm contagious for two months after symptoms reside, that's about April. So Scott can wait till April to kiss me or take his chances (but he is probably immune anyways, he was exposed to his brother when he was a teenager, you can build immunities to it and never have the symptoms, I'm hoping for that anyways, he doesn't need mono to get mono as he starts tech school!). So I don't know how I did get it, but I do know that I didn't get it from kissing!
Catching up from last week, here we are at the night light parade on the 6th, we watched with my brother Mike's family and met my sister Kristey's family afterwards for a walk with through Indian Creek Park which is all lit up for the season.
Own and Alaina


Alyse, Lexi, Owen, Alysha, Alaina, and Ashley
Stacy and Ashley
Mike and Owen

4 comments:

Jen said...

Congratulations Ruby!!! You are such a stud! We are so proud of you!!! I love those pics of all you guys. I am so sorry you and Alyse have "The Kissing Disease". How are you feeling?

Anonymous said...

Oh Ruby. You may now Stop
Everything and do Nothing! You are one crazy woman! i can't believe you completed a triathalon, well...(I know you well enough to know that you would) but not just that you did it...you did it with mono! What a woman!!! Your life is crazy. I can't wait till you get to colorado so I can relax! And PLEASE come through Utah when you do! I miss you!
Slow down woman, it's no wonder you're sick!

Mary Peterson said...

Wow! Ruby you amaze me! Congrats on the triatholon! You look great! I love your hair!
Your girls are so cute. I have dreams of one day having a girl...I'm not sure what this one is yet.
I hope you get better soon from the Mono. My brother had that once and it was not fun.

The Despain Gang said...

Okay super mom; you blow my mind.