Saturday, November 1, 2008

Trick-or-Treat!

It was was a crazy day (and EXHAUSTING) with Halloween activities starting early. Lexi and Alaina got to trick or treat during busy bees at the Y to all the offices and classes, Alyse had a costume parade and party at school (which I got to go to), and after school, we ate pizza, got back into costume and went to Parma to their Trunk or treat with my sister, Kristey, and her family and then to community carnival and spook alley and then back to Aunt Kristey's to pass out candy. At the carnival, Alyse, Lexi, and Alaina won a cake on the cake walk bam, bam, bam. Kristey and Amanda played forever and never won. But 3 cakes on top of all our Halloween candy is just what we needed! (I let the kids eat a bite size piece and we left the rest at Kristey's). So, now the drudgery of the candy battle. I was already so sick of candy and treats everywhere. They get it at school, from the busdriver, primary, grandparents, even the grocery store cashier gives out suckers. It so constant and from everywhere, it rediculous, I don't think I should ever make a desert again. Any great ideas on how to limit the sugar that bombards from everywhere?????????????



So back to Halloween, here's Alyse at school (by the way, I lost a lot of sleep working on this wig the night before Halloween, it frustrated me to death, the next day I wanted to start all over, but for lack of time, she had to wear it as it was. So meet Repunzel....

Trunk or Treating...

the girls weren't so happy stopping for a picture before getting started





More of Repunzel





Lexi the Lady Bug







and Alaina the unicorn rider

(she's a cowgirl and suppose to be riding a horse, but thanks to her big sisters who saw the brown horse and said it was a boy's, she would have nothing to do with it and wanted the pink one, so yes, it is a unicorn)





*she was actually very happy (even with missing a nap) despite the glum pictures. Her expression never really changed the whole day, she was too busy taking it all in, trying to figure this Halloween thing out

*and she's only taken her boots off to sleep, I guess she'll be a cowgirl till she outgrows them




And Layla, Princess Chubbers, or the Drool Monster

4 comments:

Ashlea said...

They all look so cute!!

The Despain Gang said...

Such cute costumes. Even you dressed up! Way to go!
-Melissa

Anonymous said...

Love all the ladies, even the drool monster! You guys did have a very busy halloween, yikes. I refuse to do ALL the junk just so we don't get all the JUNK! ANd i make them eat all the candy right then and there. Gross I know but then they throw it up and we're done with it! (there's an idea for you!!)
By the way, you look really good! I miss you!

Mary Peterson said...

Cute costumes!