Monday, November 24, 2008

Far, Far Away



After 125 days wearing and doing the same thing over and over (like ground hog's day), Scott got a break from the repetition. Saturday Scott visited the city! He got to sight see, shop at the souks and two malls, eat local food for lunch (which he said was very good), and eat dinner at McDonald's (you know the chow how must be bad when you consider McDs good!).



Scott ready to go in civilian clothes






Sights around the city, note the awesome architecture















Sgt Ospina, Sgt Weideman, and Sgt Schippacase


P.S. We are 2/3 of the way done!

3 comments:

The Quayles said...

Where exactly is Scott?

The Despain Gang said...

yea 2/3 way done; that's exciting. The city is beautiful--a little smoggy but what big city isn't like that these days.

trish said...

I know how hard it is for the people left behind, but I can't imagine the monotony for those serving. I would go nuts. I'm glad Scott got out (for a day anyway)! Your almost there! He'll be home before you know it!