you can't find happiness at the end of your journey if you didn't bring it with you all along. -KM
Friday, November 14, 2008
6 hours, 13 minutes/ 26.32 miles was enough
I did win last weeks biggest loser treadmill challenge. 2nd place was 5 hours, 46 minutes and 3rd place was 5 hours, 31 minutes, so good thing I did that last half hour or I wouldn't have won! As if having all the participants names and pictures, trainers, and challenge winners posted on a bulletin board isn't embarrassing enough, word has quickly traveled around the Y, I have heard, "are you the girl...." over and over. The head trainer over the challenge stopped me today and said she had to hear about the challenge from me because she thought she had gotten an exaggerated version, she was surprised that it was really that far and told me that everyone else did 2.0 mph and about 10 miles. This weeks challenge currently going is most miles on a bike. I'm sitting this one out, my muscles are still repairing from last week and I hate the bike, the treadmill is more my thing. Sore or not, Monday morning it was back to the gym for some "active resting" which is resting from the treadmill but staying active. On Wednesday my trainer had me do a jumping circuit. I would rather do a marathon any day! It was one minute of each: jumping jacks, jump rope, squats with power ups, mountain climbers, single push ups with a power up, jumping on one foot, high knees, power jumps onto a step, quick feet, and few more I don't remember, and then all again. My calves are still screaming! But if you ever need a high calorie burning workout that you can do anywhere, there you go!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
You're a rock star you crazy girl. Six hours; that's nuts. You're amazing.
Way to go Ruby - you kick butt! I want to see pictures! Good luck with the rest of the challenges!
RUBY!! I just spent all of my exercising time looking at your blog from beginning to your most recent post! Time well worth it, I loved every post!! Your girls are beautiful! I am so glad we can keep in contact better now!! Our blog isn't as great, but I try to keep up on the happenings of the Quayle family as best I can! Keep posting and I'll keep looking! I'm so glad you found us, i've missed you! Desi
Post a Comment