OB doc 3,346.00
Lab work 844.93
Ultrasounds 3,378.00
Fetal monitoring 1,287.00
Fetal echo cardiogram 616.00
Perinatologist 245.84
BP medication 751.00
Hospital care for me 6,881.70
Anesthesiologist 500.00
Newborn hospital care 2,206.04
Looking back in Lexi's baby book where I had also kept an account of the bills, the grand total was $10,197.95. This was in 2004 mind you! So in 4 years the price has doubled. Outrageous!
5 comments:
WOW that is amazing--doubled in just a few years!
-Melissa
It is crazy how much it costs to have a baby. Thank heavens for insurance companies :)
Hi Ruby,
I found your blog on Kira Hyde's! I hope that is okay! Hopefully we can stay in touch. I blog too! (www.jmpeterson.blogspot.com)
I totally know what you mean about Tricare babies! Sometimes I complain about Tricare, but nothing beats a free baby! Thanks for the reminder about how great we have it with Tricare.
Okay, time to post again... Having 4 beautiful little 'helpers' only gives you an excuse for a LITTLE while! :)
The cost is crazy, but it's better than havin a baby at home without drugs :)
Post a Comment