you can't find happiness at the end of your journey if you didn't bring it with you all along. -KM
Saturday, July 26, 2008
Flying Solo
So, here I am again on my solo flight! I can't even begin to explain the last few weeks with out using a lot of military lingo and procedures but here it is in a nut shell- we moved (samonila doesn't make a very good moving buddy, FYI), Scott's deployed, and I survived a 999 mile road trip alone with 4 kids. The second time around is easier, I don't miss Scott any less, it's still a major trial, but I do know that I can do it, that this too shall pass, and what to expect, like break downs are normal, wear water-proof mascara, force a smile, and somehow we'll survive, etc. And in the meantime, I have really enjoyed my family. They keep my laughing and busy with BBQs and lake outings. My only access to the internet is at sibling's houses, so posts will be sketchy for awhile but pictures to come.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Hi Ruby,
You are a brave woman. I'm glad that you made it alone with 4 kids! I think you are my hero! I know it probably seems like it will take forever for your hubby to get back, but it goes faster than you think! (thank goodness!) I hope you have a great time with your family! You will be missed!
Mary :0)
I am glad Scott got sent off safely, and that you made it to your family safely. We can't wait to see you and do things with your family. Lots of hugs and kisses from us!
Glad to hear from you; I've been thinking of you and the big move and stress of these past weeks. Glad to hear you're settled (at least as best as can be expected under the circumstances). Hope the Lord's blessing is with you right now! I'll be thinking of you and praying for you. Lots of love from far away.
-Melissa
I'm so glad you're safely there. I wish I could have seen you on your travels tho. You're a champ, I love you. And you're right, this too shall pass. And then on to better...soon! Have fun on your extended "vacation"! Family will be fun for a while!
Post a Comment