you can't find happiness at the end of your journey if you didn't bring it with you all along. -KM
Thursday, July 3, 2008
One of those days....
Ahh.. it's sure been one of those days! I went to my post partum check up this morning and coming home, I was in line at the base gate when I flipped open my wallet and had a great surprise- it was bear! I had been pick-pocketed by a two year old! So I flipped a U-turn and returned to the visitor center parking lot. Now back in the days when Sercurity Forces did gate gaurd I could have made my way on base, but now it's contracted out to a security company and would not have such luck. After a few calls I found someone to rescue me (go to my house and pick up my debit cars, drivers liscence, military ID, etc) and bring them to me! I am glad that I hadn't gone to the store and had a huge cart of groceries all rang up before I discovered I'd been robbed! Later I had problems at the pharamacy and after waiting in line, calling my doctor, waiting in line, calling my doctor, waiting in line, calling my doctor, waiting in line, and coming back hours later, I finally picked up my prescription. Then this afternoon I got all the kids ready and to the ball field, even on time, to discover that the coach had cancelled practice. Since we've been back home, the kids notified me that we had a dog pooping in our back yard, I put the dog over the fence back to his own yard, but it just came back under, so I headed over to the neighbors but they weren't home- so for this evening the kids will stay inside and tomorrow we'll be scooping poop! GRRR.... Also for todays miseries, Lexi got one nasty cut on her finger from her closet doors, the folding kind, Alaina peed on the carpet, and we are missing the Mt. Rushmore fireworks! Scott had to work swings today, only 4 hours (that I'm not complaining about) but the timing was wrong. Fireworks at Mt. Rushmore is an all day type thing (finding parking, hiking up 2-5 miles depending where you got parking, etc) and it being our last 4th of July here, I really wanted to go! Have I mentioned its been one of those days?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Some days are like that, I know. I always have to make sure that Tristan doesn't get a hold of my purse or I lose everything too.
Wow! That really was a tough day. I just got back from Parma and I couldn't wait to tell my mom and friends what you were up to. My mom couldn't believe you had 4 girls! I saw Christy too; she seems so happy and her kids are growing up--teenagers now I think! Anyway crazy and fun to hear about your crazy day with your four adorable girls!
-melissa
Sounds like a "I need chocolate" kind of day!
Post a Comment