you can't find happiness at the end of your journey if you didn't bring it with you all along. -KM
Wednesday, June 11, 2008
You never know what you just might come across...
This morning I was coming from my doctor's office heading to Hobby Lobby (I've missed that placed through all my bed rest, for those of you who don't have a Hobby Lobby-it's the best store in the world!), anyways, I was stopped at a red light right in front of the hospital and saw the van in front of me rear end the car in front of it, I was thinking, whoa-I just saw that happen, and then it hit it again (pushing that car into the car ahead of it)! Wait- it gets even better! Then I saw the passenger hitting/pushing the shoulder of the driver, and then the van pulled over into the moving traffic lane, went around the cars it just hit, turned and left!!!! Well, I couldn't believe what I just saw or that the van was really leaving, but I did get the licence plate number! So I went up to the hit car planning on telling the lady that I got the license number for her, but she was in a shocked state and saying "my neck" and shaking so I got to be the lucky one to call 911 and talk to the lady until the firetruck came and then they told me to stay until I talked to an officer. Yea, this happened in front of the hospital, probably 300 ft from the ambulances, but it was the firetruck paramedics that came. Also while we were waiting and I was trying to talk to the lady in the car who had been hit, I see a burning cigarette laying in the passenger seat and told someone else to get rid of it. When the officer was done talking to me, another officer came and told him the "hit and run" van was in the hospital parking lot and the passenger lady said her husband, the driver, had blacked out (they were an older couple), so it wasn't really a hit and run, but it sure appeared to be! So after I thought about it, I came up with this story in my mind of what happened- the man blacked out hit the car, which pushed it forward, the mans foot is still on the gas explaining the second hit, and his wife is hitting him to getting him to wake up, he wakes up and is out of it and pulls over into the other lane and goes, then he gets his bearings (with help of his wife) and he pulls into the hospital parking lot and comes back to talk to the officer. Who knows, but that version makes sense in my mind! And I'm counting my blessings that I wasn't just two cars ahead (Layla was with me!)!!!!! and the next best blessing is that I didn't have to give the lady CPR, her neck might be broken, but I didn't have to do mouth-to-mouth! (I just came across my CPR mouthshield the other day while I was organizing and thought I should put that in the car, but I hadn't yet!) Then I had my second shock of the day in Hobby Lobby, they were putting out fall decorations and thought that was bad until I saw they are putting out Christmas ones too!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Wow, talk about a crazy day! Glad that you and the baby were alright though!
Wow that is the craziest story! You're so good to be in the presence of mind to take the license plate number. I was involved in a hit and run in LA and it is not fun and I didn't even have the state of mind to get the license plate number. Anyway, I'm glad the couple came forward and had a reasonable explaination. I hope the lady will be okay! You were so kind to her!
-Melissa
I love Hobby Lobby. Nothing else compares. I love to wait till they have the 50% sales. Which they have them at least once a month. We have gotten many a great thing there. Im glad that you are ok and you didnt get hit!
Hi Ruby,
Our computer broke down recently and I lost your email address and mailing address. Will you please email me both?
Thanks
-Melissa
Post a Comment