Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Clothes, clothes, and more clothes!

Over this last week I've been busy trying to get every nook and cranny organized and packing up stuff that we won't be using. It may be a dreaded task for some, but I kinda like it (it's like playing Tetris!), well I like it all except for going through the girls clothes. Its always been on the bottom of my list of favorite things to do. It's rather a headache trying to figure out who has outgrown what and what is in good enough condidtion to pass on down. Well today I tackled the dreaded task and realized we have quite a clothes problem, specifically in Alaina's closet! For one, I counted 26 dresses that currently fit her! She could wear a different dress to church every week for 6 months! This is the result of having so many girls! Each one adds at least one new Christmas and Easter dress every year and add that I love to have them all matching, Alaina has dresses she will never out grow because we have the same dress in 3 consecutive sizes! (poor Layla!) All admit Alyse has a few more clothes than sufficient (back-to-school shopping was fun!), then Lexi has a different body type and not all hand-me downs are her size, so she aquires more, and then Alaina gets a few new things of her own, and it all eventually compounds in Alaina's closet! The baby clothes are the hardest for me to get rid of, when I went through them before I had Layla, most of the newborn sizes were stained and I didn't want to use them again, so I bought new ones, but didn't get rid of the old ones- it's hard to when I remember each baby wearing them! So I detached myself today and got rid of them and everthing else I wasn't attached too!!!!! I wouldn't trade my girls for anything-not even a boy, but one nice thing about having a boy would be starting over on clothes! I love to shop, but I feel a little guilty spending money on myself (and add the fact that little girl clothes are so darn cute) I buy the girls clothes and the girls having a Noni who loves dresses too- shares some of this blame! :) But now I think I've got it back in control and I hope the Airman's Attic is need of a large donation!

3 comments:

Clarissa Weideman said...

Wow, good for you tackling that project. I hate going through my kids clothes too...in fact I need to do that with the clothes Tristan has out grown. I have 3 big totes full of clothes sizes 4T-5.

The Despain Gang said...

Jeremy loves to organize. I have to be in the right mood. But here is where we differ, when it comes to organizing Boston's clothing, I love it. I love to sort through his clothes, box them up, mark the box, put old clothes in a different box, mark that, store or toss the boxes. I don't know what is wrong with me--I know this isn't the norm.

I just had to laugh at all of Alaina's dresses. WOW; that was impressive!
-Melissa

Rachel said...

Aw, getting rid of the baby clothes is really the hardest thing ever. Layla is so beautiful!!! I haven't posted anything on here in ages, and I caught up on everything today, I'll just comment on all of your pictures and blogs: Your girls are beautiful, Happy birthday Scott and Lexi, thats crazy that you saw that accident Ruby, but you probably got the scenario about right, and Layla is so stinkin cute! Alaina is a good big sister. Alyse, you're gorgeous!

Whew!