April started off slow with lots of play time in sunny spring days and ended in a blur of commotion!

Side Walk Chalk... really?
15th Wedding Anniversary!
Scott had to attend a MSL conference in Boise for school over the weekend before our anniversary, so we left the kids with Grammy and I stayed in the motel with Scott in Boise. We went to the temple one day and went out to dinner, did some shopping, and went swimming each night and the 2 days Scott was in conference I exercised, read, took a nap, and shopped. Saturday evening we went back to Grammy's and Kristey and Mike's families joined us. We had a good dinner and visited until midnight or so... Amanda brought in her tiny baby kitties and let the kids help bathe and bottle feed them. The kitties' mama got run over just a day or two after they were born, so Amanda has mothered them and now they are thriving.
The kids enjoyed their days at Grammy's painting rocks, playing in her yard, watching movies, roasting hot dogs over a camp fire, and playing with cousins making commercials :)
Playing with Daddy
Butterflies
We ordered caterpillars and watched them quickly grow from tiny to big and fat then tun into chrysalises. Then they hatched while we we gone and we came home to see our painted lady butterflies then we released them.
BYU Women's Conference
I was able to attend BYU Women's Conference in Provo, Utah. My friend and I had planned to go together but her father-in-law passed away just before so I went on my own. I met some great ladies and found 3 friends from my South Dakota ward from 7 years ago, who I spent Thursday with and had so much fun with in the evening of service where we helped pack 350,288 meals for hungry children around the world, and then went to the concert together. Thursday and Friday were full of great classes, my main take home is that GRATITUDE is the antidote to comparison and self-doubt! Friday, after the conference ended, I went to Zupa's with friends from my ward here and then we played games with lots of laughs. I couldn't sleep the first 2 nights- AT ALL, even though I enjoyed my own dorm room, and then finally crashed the last night before I drove home.
It was one week before Scott's graduation, the week before finals, and Scott urged me to go :) He still had school and work, but my dear Alyse babysat for me and completed her Good Works project serving me :)









No comments:
Post a Comment