The five hundred pictures I have of vacation have been overwhelming to get through- hence the very slow catch up! I have 85 collages ready to blog!
The next phase of our vacation was my cousin, Sharon's house in Olympia, Washington. Amanda, my niece, went with us so it wasn't just me and 6 kids on the long drive. We introduced her to road trip Weideman style (stop little as possible and make and eat sandwhiches in the car)!
Sharon's house was a retreat for me! It was a relaxing retreat & a homeschool conference all in one.
She has a beautiful home surrounded by acres of beautiful- it's a piece of heaven! She homeschools and shared great wisdom and inspiration to me and I browsed her library and brought home a list for amazon :)
We were last there 4 year ago when Landon was just a newborn and Sharon had made peanut butter and jelly sandwiches for the kids cut out with cookie cutters in cute shapes and letters. The kids have talked about that many times since then and so keeping with "tradition," she made PB&J's cut into hearts for lunch. We had great dinners and were fed very well!
Both mornings, Sharon and I got up to go for a jog in the state park by her house. It was amazing! We went 5.5 miles each day and I loved it! It was SO amazing! Running trails going trees, moss, and ferns are so much more rejuvenating than running pavement in subdivisions! (however, I would have gotten so lost with out Sharon on those trails!)
Amanda and Alyse loved playing the piano with the shelves of sheet music and Alyse and Lexi played Sharon's violin too. I loved browsing the library books.
We went back to Millersylvania State Park for an afternoon swim in the lake.
We also played board games and the kids played lots of capture the flag at night and Landon loved the tub of Cheveron cars!
It was a wonderful short two days!




No comments:
Post a Comment