Monday, February 16, 2015

Highlights of January

Alyse and I got to go to our Stake Women's Conference for a yummy breakfast and hear the Kite Sisters presentation from Beauty Redefined.   (check out www.beautyredefined.net)

Lexi, Alaina, and I got to go a special Mother/Daughter Date Night for Activity Day Girls.  We ate dinner and did fun crafts together.

Audrey found trouble... yet again, sigh.
Saturday morning, while I was in the shower, she went into Alyse and Lexi's room, found a PERMANENT marker, unzipped her slippy pjs and went to work.  Don't ask me why they had a marker, yet a PERMANENT marker in their room.  Audrey just learned how to open doors this week and has entered into a whole new world of trouble!  After a long soapy bath, it's now faded to purple.  So yes, she will go to church today sporting purple streaks.

Our gasoline total for the month was $22.24!  Really it was $1.65/gallon!  We had years living in Weiser with Scott commuting to Boise daily for class and me commuting weekly to Nampa for work, where we spent over $600 a month on gas!  That $22.24 went into Scott's car and I never had to fill up the van; everywhere I go is so close.  Besides the money, that frees up a TON of time that we are not sitting in a car!

Landon as always is full of funny sayings, like....

Daddy:  "Landon, be patient."
Landon:  "I don't have patients.  Doctors have patients."

Lexi:  "Landon, will you give me a hug?"
Landon:  "No, all my hugs are asleep."

And he always asks what your dream for the future is when you tuck him into bed.  His dream for the future lately had been ice cream and Nephites.  ????  Not sure what he means by Nephites, but he is funny.  If I would only write more often, I would be able to remember so many more!

A few pictures from a day in the life...

Alaina is working on cursive handwriting.  Layla and Landon are on a "hunting expedition."  The clothes hanger is Landon's bow by the way.  Alyse and Lexi are deep into good books.

Audrey is still Audrey.  Determined and exhausting.  She wears me out on a daily basis.  On the bright side, she gives the best fishy kisses and blows the cutest kisses.  She is so funny and stinking cute.  Awhile after she got a new baby doll for Christmas, she started taking it and another baby doll to bed each and every nap and bedtime.  She WILL NOT go to sleep without them.  They are naked baby dolls of course, because she WILL NOT leave clothes on them.  Then she got a hold of two more that got left out and now she has quadruplet baby dolls that she must take to bed.  So each and every nap time and bed time we hunt for her baby dolls and she says "thank you" when I hand them to her, every time.  She can now undo her buckle to her high chair as well and meal times will never be the same.  I think we hardly had a meal with out a split cup of milk before this new turn!!

Scott's semester is coming along.  I think he was a little worried about a few of his classes along with work, but so far they haven't been too bad.  He does have a lot of distractions trying to get homework done around here, like this little peak-a-boo monster.  Ok, lets face it, it's kinda like doing homework in a 6 ring circus!  He tries to use the campus library in the day and finish up after the kids are in bed.

It has been the mildest winter I have ever had and I am not complaining!!!  The kids were excited to move to a more snowy place.   They got about two snowy days and I got a lot of sunshine and incredibly warm January days for Pocatello, Idaho!  (In fact, I have packed up all the snow clothes and boots so if we get a late snow storm, it's my fault)

And that was January around here!

No comments: