Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Merry Christmas!

 We had told the kids they couldn't wake us up until 7:30!  Alyse and Lexi woke up a little after 7 and we could hear them talking and their excitement as we pretended to be asleep.  They kept saying 5 more minutes and then we will wake them up!  They woke up their sibling and came in to jump on us at 7:27 (they thought that was close enough).  Scott and I did our usual Christmas morning difficult to get out of bed thing.  Then before we even made it to presents, Scott's back spasmed out and he spent the next 4 days in great pain which put a damper on our Christmas, but other than that, it was great!

A few snap shots of Christmas morning




A nativity Layla made for Alaina- made of popsicle sticks, paper, straw, and hot glue, complete with the stable wise men, shepherds, angel, and Mary, Joseph, and baby Jesus in the manger.  I  LOVE everything about it!

Christmas day and the days after are my favorites of the year.  Pajama days, no where to go, happy playing children, relaxing, playing games, putting together puzzles, watching movies, blessed family time!  I was home for 6 blessed days over Christmas.  My home stretch came to an end when I ran out of dishwasher soap, and that I can't live without!  I got the complete set of The Andy Griffith Show, which we watched a lot of while Scott was laying on the couch in pain and the girls and I put together puzzles.  Most 3-year-olds know Barney as a big purple dinosaur, but not Landon; he only knows Barney as Barney Fife the deputy of Mayberry, I love it!

This week Scott is back to work.  The kids and I undecorated for Christmas yesterday, cleaned (very much needed), and played with Alyse's new cake frosting stuff making cute cupcakes.  Today I am getting caught up in stuff around the house like paying bills and the blog.  We are looking forward to 4 more days with nowhere to go, no obligations, wonderful days!

No comments: