Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Christmas Activities part 1

At our ward's Christmas party, we got a visitor from the North Pole
(don't laugh at Santa... he was an unpaid and volun-told I'm sure)

Making Gingerbread Houses

(It's my least favorite activity of the year... the bottom right picture may have something to do with that!  Next year, we are changing the way we make gingerbread houses, somehow!)
Audrey is borrowed Mrs. Potato Head's earings, they even match the outfit!

Clogging Recital at the mall


 the girls had Christmas parties with their music studio and with their clogging studio, both on the same day, we squeezed in both as well as we could.  It made for a crazy night with dinner at 3:30 and out the door with violins, cello, brownies, gifts, etc. ready to party hop! 

The clogging party was at the roller skating rink, as the pictures tell.... we haven't roller skated much!   It was about 8 years ago that Alyse, Lexi, Alaina and I attempted... probably 15+ years for Scott) Layla can't count the times she fell, Lexi fell on the wrist she broke last year and worried us, but seems to be ok now, Landon got the hang of it pretty quick, Scott was stable as long as he had the stoller to push, Alyse took a tumble due to Landon, and I never fell (yes, I did skate after taking pictures)!


We had a great time and all improved over the evening.  It was a fun family activity and cheap, so we will be back before 8 more years pass!  I love that they had the "walkers", the stroller for Audrey, and a little practice area.

No comments: