Warning: This will be one l-o-n-g post, but I want to remember all I can of the beautiful experience it was. I wish I could remember every moment of this special journey, but I know details eventually fade. I'm bursting with joy and happiness and that, I get to keep forever.
To start where I left off: Wed. morning. We were still impatiently waiting for this princess. It was too rainy to go for a long walk again, the house was clean, we were rather bored, so we went out to Scott's parent's house to sit in the hot tub. His mom happened to come home, she fed us lunch then we went home to get ready for the day. About 2 o'clock, we were losing patience because my maternity leave was ticking away. My doctor had told me she wouldn't send me home, go to the hospital as soon as I had any kind of contractions or wanted to be done :) (The doctor and the hospital were impatiently waiting too.) So we decided we would just go in. Scott called his mom to come watch the kids, I packed the kids stuff, wrote out and explained the pick ups and drop offs for school and after school activities and we headed off to the hospital. I had been having random contractions and cramping since Friday and was feeling some contractions, but thought they would just go away like always. We got to Weiser Memorial Hospital at 3 and by the time I got registered, changed, and into bed I was feeling the contractions stronger and closer. (yea! this is what I wanted instead of an induction!!!!!)
After all the admission paper work, IV, and little while on the monitor, I was up and out of that bed. Contractions to me felt a thousand times worse lying in an uncomfortable bed. I sat on the birthing ball for a while and we started to play a game of Skipbo and Scott's dad, the RT, stopped by to say hi. Contractions continued to get stronger, I started to begin breathing through them.
At 4:50, the doctor broke my water and called me 5 cm/50%. Contractions got stronger. I did my 20 min on the monitor and was out of that bed ASAP.
Laughing with the nurses and eyeing the monitor during a contraction to see if I was "getting credit for the contraction".
Up and walking the halls. As we looped the halls, we visited a little with friends at the nurses station and ER and definitely had to stop and breathe through contractions. Scott stood and faced me through contractions, to block my pain face and to be close and give me comfort.
We walked till 6, then I did a little time on the monitors. At 6:10 I was 6cm/75%, and then I got up for the Jacuzzi tub. Tammi gave me the "I've never delivered a baby in my nursing career and don't ever plan too because that's what doctors get paid for, so don't you be the one to change that, give me some notice!" speech. As the tub was filling, I tried a few contractions in the slow dance position. That was my favorite. Then I enjoyed the tub for about 3 contractions, I had just said the water feels good, it's the perfect temp. And then the 4th contraction, I said I'm SO hot I have to get out of here. Had a few more contractions in the slow dance position while getting dressed and heading to the bed, and then told Scott he better call the nurse. She came right in, checked me I was complete (6:52), and called out to have them call in the "good doctor." One more contraction, I realized I was pushing a little at the peak and said "better get on two gloves Tammi", the doctor came in, pulled on gloves and said do what you need to do. Next contraction head was out and the next body, at 7:00 p.m! Good thing I didn't wait for one more contraction to call! I had no idea I was only 3 contractions away from delivery!!!!
Amazing and perfect little baby girl!
I believe that this is were I tipped my head back and laughed in utter astonishment. I couldn't believe that she was here already! I couldn't believe that I had just DID it with out an epidural! I just couldn't believe it was all REAL! Dr. Wooton said, "you did great, you should teach Childbirth Education Classes- oh wait, you all ready do! haha!"
Audrey over at the warmer getting checked out and daddy capturing every face.
She weighed in at 7 lbs 4 oz and measured 21.5 inches long
After delivery, I felt great! I felt it was really weird to lay in the bed and asked if I could get up, and up I did! 5-10 min after, I was up at the warmer visiting Audrey! Scott was shocked to see me up already!
Checking out all 10 fingers and all 10 toes!
the "good doctor"- Dr. Wootoon (absolutely great!)
She was at our neighbor's house when she got the call for delivery. She drove 65 mph through town to make it! This is her running in, no-actually it's her running out, haha.
and Daddy finally get's his turn to hold Audrey. After all those kidney punches she gave daddy at night as I snuggled up to his back.
Audrey, Momma, and Daddy
"Welcome to our family little girl!"
my two good nurses Maggie and Tammi, they were absolutely great! I know how hard their job is and I appreciate the incredible job they did. Maggie was orienting to L&D with Tammi. So I was lucky to have both, they are great ladies to work with.
An oh so loved little girl. Audrey- you are so loved and so amazing and perfectly perfect and we are so blessed to have you in our family. I couldn't be more amazed and feel more blessed.
1st feeding, she is loving the bottle and I'm loving her
loving all her expressions and sharing the news
Late evening Noni brought the kids in to meet Audrey.
Yep, those are ALL mine!! and I am so glad!
My cup runneth over!
It was the amazing and beautiful labor experience I wanted. I couldn't have imagined it going any better. After 5 inductions and 5 epidurals, I wanted to do this one without the induction and with out the epidural. I absolutely loved not having the epidural!!! I loved being able to be up and move, I loved being able to hop right out of bed afterward. I just wanted minimal intervention this time and loved it. The contractions were painful, but they don't last forever and it not your entire body in pain and that made it doable for me. I asked my good friend Denise what worked for her, she said just taking it one contraction at time, knowing that if you did all the ones before you can do the next one, knowing that your a woman and were designed to do this, and having her husband be strong and calm and able to draw from him, and she liked the slow dance position. I'm so glad I had that conversation, because that was exactly what I needed and I used every bit of that advice. Scott was amazing, he was strong and encouraging and supported me every second through it. I thought he was going to have to massage me all the way through because I love massage, but apparently not in labor! I had him try during one contraction and I thought it made the pain way worse :) He was also the great photographer. I really wanted to remember this and he documented it well! The only photos we didn't get were the tender moments of us together. Holding hands walking in the hall, his comfort and encouragement to me through every contraction, his kiss and congratulations afterwards,etc. so all of those moments I will engrave in my mind to keep. I am so thankful for the amazing husband and support he was and is to me. I am so thankful Audrey has him for a father. I am so thankful to be a woman, a wife, and a mother to 6 amazing children!



























1 comment:
Yay CONGRATS! What a sweet baby girl! YAY!
Post a Comment