Tuesday, February 19, 2013

McCall Winter Carnival

One morning we got the kids up and ready for school, just as usual,  and then loaded into the van.  The only thing different was that usually Scott or I drive the kids not both of us, but we all went along with the camera saying that we were going to go take some pictures of Landon in the snow after we dropped them off at school.  Then we got to the highway and Scott took a left turn instead of right toward the schools.  The girls all thought Daddy was playing and kept telling him to turn around.  After some teasing, we finally told them they weren't going to school today, we were going to McCall to the winter carnival!  (We were cool parents that day!)    It was almost a surprise to Scott and I too.  We had talked about going  up that Thursday, that being the only possible day we could go, but we weren't for sure so we hadn't mentioned it to the kids.  On Wed., I was feeling great.  I had worked Tues. night and didn't pop back to myself Wed.  That evening I was laying on the floor watching Scott work on the desk we were building/dozing, not my usual up and going and just didn't feel I had it in me to get up and GO all day the next, besides we were worried with all the recent warm temps everything would be melting quickly anyways and not worth the trip so we talked ourselves out of it.  Then, Thurs. morning, 5 minutes before leaving, it came up and we said, "that would be fun" and 5 minutes later we were off for McCall!!

And we were very glad we did!
We got there, parked and walked and walked to most of the ice sculptures.  Then we went out to lunch at Toll Station Pizza loaded up and drove out to Ponderosa State Park and played and played in the deep snow.  It was waist deep or more for Scott and I and exhausting trying to make if very far, despite that Landon did not like our trek through the snow even though we was on the sled.  We made it back to the car and then played on the edge of the parking lot were Landon could play in a few inches and the girls made a sledding spot and could play in the deep snow.  The temp was perfect for snow play, but the snow was wet and eventually we were too.  








No comments: